Date : March 26th and 27th
Time : starts at 10:00 a.m
*registration starts at 9:30 a.m.
Ends at 5:30 p.m.
Fee : US$60
Place : PETA Theater Center No.5 Eymard Drive New Manila, Quezon City
Detailed Schedule: Online Schedule (coming soon!!)
The time slots are like;
10:00 - 11:00 Opening session by Gabe Mercado (Manila + AIN Board)
11:00 - 12:00 session A : Yes-And Prototyping: AI in Tech & Consulting (Active)
by Tim Santos (Manila)
12:00 - 12:30 lunch (please bring your own lunch)
13:30 - 14:30 session B : AI in Education (Info Sharing)
by Silvia Perdiguero (Beijing)
14:30 - 15:30 session C : AI Inception: Stealthy introduction of applied improv through shows (Active)
by Yun Qing Liau (Singapore) & Jasson Villanueva (Manila)
15:30 - 16:30 session D : If Then : A tool for creative collaboration and project management (Active)
by Curt Mabry (Shanghai)
16:30 - 17:30 Open Space by Gabe Mercado
17:30 - 21:00 Dinner & Socials
10:00 - 11:00 Morning Session by Alex Park (Korea)
11:00 - 12:00 session E : Navigating Intercultural Waters with AI (Panel)
Panelists : Silvia Prediguero (Beijing), Andy Qiu (Shanghai), Hikaru Hie (Tokyo),
Curt Mabry (Shanghai) Moderated by Ria Puangco (Manila)
12:00 - 13:30 lunch (please bring your own lunch)
13:30 - 14:30 session F : Improv for Coping with Illness: Getting Through the Day to Day (Info Sharing)
by Aih Mendoza (Manila)
14:30 - 15:30 session G : Flow: Applying Improv on Traumatic Experiences (Active)
by Jan Ong (Manila)
15:30 - 17:00 Open Space by Hikaru Hie (Tokyo + AIN Board)
17:00 - 17:30 Debriefing and Closing by Gabe Mercado & Hikaru Hie
20:00 - OPENING NIGHT: MANILA IMPROV FESTIVAL
Registration: Register now!! Registration form is below.
This is the event accompanied with Manila Improv Festival 2019.
Here's the MIF DESCRIPTION
Third World Improv and the Philippine Educational Theater Association (PETA) present the Manila Improv Festival 2019. This year’s festival will feature performances by improvisers from all over the globe. Created by Silly People’s Improv Theater (SPIT), the Manila Improv Festival (MIF) has earned an increasing following from improvisers, enthusiasts, and fans from all over the world. Now in its fifth edition, the MIF has come a long way since its first run in 2004.
Thank you for your interest in the AIN Asia Mini Conference 2019 Manila.:
At the conference, we will be discussing about the subjects below ;
● How does Applied Improvisation (AI) help us trust, listen, share, and learn from difference?
● How does AI allow us to exercise and strengthen our empathy, courage, and emotional range?
● How does AI provide to help us practice, model, and teach effective communication?
For those who are interested in submitting session proposals, please take a look below and submit your proposal.
Presentations will be selected based on the following criteria:
1. The degree to which the presentation fits within one of the following niche groupings (combined with our desire to create balance across the areas):
a) Communication about Science and Medicine
b) Activism, Social Justice and Civil Discourse
c) Service Of (Personal Growth or Healing the World)
f) Innovative Arenas (Other)
2. The level of interaction and use of diverse teaching styles.
3. The variety of areas and individuals represented.
In your proposal, please note
1) What kind of area or category would your session be
2) Is this session be interactive? or talk/discussion based?
3) Your brief bio
* The session is 60 mins.
PROPOSALS ARE DUE BY February 28, 2019.
If your proposal is accepted, you will be notified between March 1-8, 2019.
If selected, you will be requested to supply a brief description and bio for the program.
* Please note that AIN is a volunteer organization and we are unable to offer gratuity/honorarium to presenters
* Please note that AIN is a volunteer organization and we are unable to offer compensation/gratuity/honorarium in any monetary way to presenters. If selected to present, you'll need to register for the conference during the early bird registration window.
We survive on the enthusiasm and generosity of the larger Applied Improvisation community members to bring their ideas and experiences to this conference. Thank you for being willing to share for the greater good of the community.
If you have any questions or concerns mid-process, feel free to e-mail our team at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will respond to you as soon as we are able (please keep in mind that this is a 100% volunteer organization and we work full time jobs beyond putting together this experience for you - please be patient). Thank you.